Why you should choose Faucigny Glieres more than another destination?
Are you more attracted by history? Natural space? Local product? All of these things?
Just for you, we choose the most important site of our area:
- The Castle of Sires de Faucigny, also called the Castle of Beatrix de Faucigny or even The Castle of Bonneville is an old castle built in the 13th Century
- The Prieuré of Contamine sur Arve, classified as a Clunisian site, is the only gothic church and also English and Welsh type of architecture of the 13th century in Savoie.
- The Plateau des Glières, a symbol of resistance during World War II in Haute-Savoie, is both a remembrance place and preserved natural area.
- The Plateau de Solaison, is a preserved natural area at an altitude of 1500m offering a unique and wild frame.
- The vineyard of Ayze, located int the foothills of the mountain named « Môle » with a production of 21 hectares, all classified AOC.
- The Môle, at an altitude of 1863 m, is a mountain overlooking the valley and offering a 360 degrees view and marked by a unusual story
- The Pointe d’Andey, at an altitude of 1877 m, offers a panoramic view over the surroundings mountains, from the Mont Blanc chain to the Leman lake as well as the Arve valley
- Lessy Lake, it is a natural mountain lake at an altitude of 1730m only accessible by hike. It’s one of the most beautiful mountain lake of Haute-Savoie.