The plateau des Glières is located at 30 minutes from Annecy and the Arve valley. The perfect place to recharge your batteries and entertain yourself.
A hotbed of Resistance
Choose as the field of paradrops for the allied forces, the Plateau des Glieres housed .in February and March 1944, more than 460 members of the Resistance charged to receive the weapons intended for the Resistance of all the region (Haute-Savoie). The Memory and Citizenship service of the departmental Council proposes educational tour on this site (free or guided). The historic tour allows to the visitors to discover during 2 hours, the daily life of the members of the Resistance during winter 1944 and also the national monument of Resistance built by Emile Gilioli.
Learn more of culture and history
Glieres, a protected wild environment
The Plateau des Glieres is classified and protected as a Natural Space with 450 hectares of pastures, forest and cliffs that make it a mixed landscape. The fauna and the flora are remarkable : sundews, capercaillie, grouses… The next stop : the Chalet Sonnerat, located in the heart of the Plateau, to know everything about it !
Nordic area in winter, hiking place in summer
The Plateau des Glieres is an emblematic place for Nordic ski in Haute Savoie, often classified as the first Nordic area in terms of popularity. It offers a qualified field, a large area with 29 km of trails adapted for all level. This is also a place to practice snowshoeing, you will enjoy 17 km of trails! Do you want to live a unforgettable experience? You must try dogsledding on the Plateau des Glieres !
Learn more of Glières nordic area in winter
Let’s talk about hiking
You have a number of hiking trails to go to the Plateau and also on the Plateau des Glieres itself :
- The Discovery of the nature tour – Loop – Easy – 2h30 – 100m D+
- The Discovery of the history tour – Loop – Easy – 1h30 – 50m D+
- The Commandery tour – Loop – Easy – 1h30 – 150m D+
- The Dran’s plain – Loop – Easy – 2h45 – 360m D+
- The Ablon ‘s comble – Return journey – Easy – 2h30 – 420m D+
- The Tom Morel path – Return journey – Hard – 4h30 – 780m D+
- The Pas du Roc – Return journey – Hard – 5h30 – 790m D+
- The Auge mountain – Return journey – Medium – 2h35 –370m D+
Learn more hiking in Glières