The priory of Contamine sur Arve seems to be the necropolis of Faucigny sires and a Clunisian site. It's the only England and Wales church with Gothic architecture in Savoie. It has been founded in 1803 by Guy de Faucigny, bishop of Geneva. The guided tour are in French and on demand and from 2 persons
Following Pierre II of Savoy, in XIII century, a lot of Savoyards will travel to England and Wales. From thoses travels remains this building, built by the architect Jean Jacques de Saint Georfes where english architectural elements are used for the first and last time in our region. The monastery is destroyed by the Bernese in 1589,only a part of the church has been preserved .
Dispositions spéciales COVID 19
- Guided tour
All year round, daily.
Adult: 5 €.
Free entry for children < 10 years.
- Bank/credit card
Meeting point : the church of Contamine sur Arve
Maximum number of persons : 8